Why Buying a New Building is Better Than Fixing Up an Older One
When you plan to buy a new building, no matter if it will be used for storage, parking, as a workshop, or a housing unit, steel structures are the best way to go. Pre-engineered metal buildings are custom-designed and manufactured to meet the needs of each individual. Not only can you have the structure tailored to your exact needs and your budget, but they can last for decades.
Things to Know Before Installing a Metal Building
Before your structure can be installed, there are a few things that should be completed by both the customer and manufacturer. Before the process can begin, you will need to speak you’re your local ordinances regarding building permits and local building codes. Once you have any required permits, your site must be cleared of all debris and vegetation as well as being leveled. Our installation crews cannot install your unit if the foundation is unlevel. The crew must also be able to reach the installation site, if there is more than a 50-foot difference between the site and the delivery truck, additional fees may be charged.
Benefits to Owning a New Steel Structure
Every building style holds a few advantages over its competition, but when it comes to Coast to Coast Carports, we have a long list of advantages.
- Durable and Long-lasting – Our modern steel structures are designed specifically to meet local building codes as well as the wind and snow ratings in your area. Having precise engineering and being manufactured with galvanized steel components allows these structures to withstand foul weather throughout the years.
- Customizable – Compared to buildings made with other materials, our metal structures are much easier to personalize and add on to. During the stages of design, you are given the opportunity to personalize everything from the color of the roof to the foundation type. We make sure our customers have a say in everything we do to their buildings.
- Cost-Effective – Not only are the prices of our steel buildings more attractive than those of older, traditional units, but they are much more affordable. We also offer our customers two rent-to-own and financing programs to help afford the full price. You can also save long-term money on maintenance fees, labor fees, and repairs.
- Fire-Resistant – There’s no need to worry about your vehicle or personal belongings being damaged or destroyed in a fire as our metal structures are non-combustible. Not only will this give you peace of mind, but it can also help lower your insurance cost.
- Low Maintenance – Very little maintenance is required to keep your metal building in good condition, just a little TLC. As long as you clean your structure when needed, perform routine check-ups, and make repairs when necessary, you won’t need to worry about needing to replace the unit for quite some time.
- Flexible – Our steel structures have been engineered with flexible designs, allowing them to perform multiple applications. They can do it all, from being added on to or extended, to being converted into an entirely new unit.
New Metal Structures vs. Older Structures
There are quite a few differences between new metal buildings and older, more traditional structures. From their prices to the foundation they are assembled on, we’ve provided a list with a few of these differences below:
- At Coast to Coast Carports, not only are our prices affordable and flexible, but we also offer financing and rent-to-own programs for additional financial assistance. When it comes to older, traditional structures, they tend to be costly due to their locations.
- More often than not, the size of older structures tends to be much smaller than the offered at Coast to Coast Carports. Unlike today’s idea of “the bigger the better”, many people throughout the past didn’t believe in having too much space.
- Other than an occasional wash and routine checks, prefab metal buildings require very little maintenance. However, older units usually require quite a bit of work. No matter how hard you may work to make repairs and upgrades, something else pops up that needs fixing.
While there are quite a few differences between the two structure types, there are also many limitations to purchasing an older building. You’re limited to space, a certain price range, electrical and plumbing issues, and even septic tank issues. The work will never end.
Choose Coast to Coast Carports for your New Metal Structure
At Coast to Coast Carports, we strive for excellence. By providing outstanding customer service and quality products at competitive prices, we are able to differentiate ourselves from our competitors. When you choose to work with us, you’re choosing a company that will help you before, during, and after the initial sale. Don’t wait for your dream structure any longer, give us a call today at (866) 681-7846.