Top 10 Excelling Steel Producing Companies in the World
With an unmatched durability, reliability and affordability, steel has become the world’s number one requested material for most any construction project. And with such a high demand, it’s crucial that steel is continuously being produced. While there are several steel plants in the world, we’re going to focus on the top ten steel producing companies.
Steel Producing Companies Who Continue to Succeed
The demand for steel has continued to increase throughout the past few years, increasing the need for more steel producing companies. Though there may be several companies to partner with for your steel needs, there are ten companies who continue to rise above the rest.
- Arcelor Mittal – While the headquarters for Arcelor Mittal is in Avenue de la Liberte, Luxembourg, they operate in more than 60 countries around the world. Established in 2006, the company now has more than 230,000 employees and produces at least 10% of the world’s steel. This company supplies steel to markets including household, packaging, automotive and construction.
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation (NSSMC) – In 2012, Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal began an association together, forming the company Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation (NSSMC). This organization is the second largest steel provider in the world, extending to 15 countries with a little more than 80,000 employees. NSSMC generates steel for the construction industry, as well as for automobiles, civil engineering, energy resources and railways.
- Hebei Iron and Steel Group – Hebei Iron and Steel Group was first established in 2008, it’s headquarters located in Shijiazhuang, Hebei, People’s Republic of China. By producing 30 million tons of steel per year, this company has earned itself the title of the largest steel provider in China. They primarily focus on wire rods, cold-rolled plates, hot-rolled steel bars and plates, five vanadium oxide, galvanized plate, welded pipes, and other similar products.
- Baosteel – Another popular steel provider across the globe is Baosteel Group Corporation. This organization was first founded in 1978, its headquarters in Pudong, Shanghai, China. With around 130,000 employees, Baosteel continues to produce steel products such as stainless steel and carbon steel throughout 40 countries. They supply steel to industries including automobiles, petrochemical, transportation, household appliances, nuclear power, energy, astronautics, and metalwork.
- Wuhan Iron and Steel Group – Headquartered in Wuhan, China, Wuhan Iron and Steel Group is another top company for steel production. The company which was first established in 1958 is well-known as China’s first supergiant steel and iron complex. They continue to provide silicon products, cold-rolled products, hot-rolled products, profile products, plate products, wire rod products and many more to countries across the world.
- Posco – Pohang Iron and Steel Company, which is often referred to as POSCO, was first established in 1968. Throughout their time as an organization, they have worked hard to become one of the largest steel manufacturers in the world. Their headquarters are in Pohang, South Korea, operating two of the world’s largest mills in both Pohang and Gwangyang. Together, these two locations produce 33.7 million tons of steel each year.
- Jiangsu Shagang – Located in Zhangjiagang, Jiangsu, China, Jiangsu Shagang is another top steel producer in China. They were first formed in 1975 but continue to produce almost 18 million tons of steel each year, consisting of wire rods, hot-rolled coils, rebar, slabs and many more.
- Tata Steel Group – Tata Steel Group was first founded in 1868 by Jamsetji Tata. They are in India, continuing to provide more than 580,000 people with steel products worldwide. Their determination and hard work have allowed them to become one of the most productive steel organizations in the world.
- HYUNDAI Steel Company – The Hyundai Steel Company was first established in 1953, making it Korea’s first steel producing company. They have continued to pave the way for growth and success by continuing to supply different countries throughout the world with reliable, durable steel products.
- JFE Steel Corporation – Founded in 1950, JFE Steel Corporation was once known as Kawasaki Steel Corporation. They are based in Tokyo, Japan, providing a variety of industries in the world with steel sheets, electrical sheets, shapes, pipes, stainless steel products, steel bars, wire rods and many more.
Know Who You Are Buying From
With the popularity of pre-engineered steel buildings continuing to rise each year, it’s important that we continue to partner with reliable steel producing companies throughout the world. Here at Coast to Coast Carports, we partner with only the best companies to provide you with the finest steel structure possible.
You can learn more about our fine products and partnerships by visiting our website: www.coast-to-coastcarports.com