Agricultural Buildings Are on the Rise in Arkansas
Taking Products from Field to Storage
For some people, Arkansas is home to beautiful lakes, rivers, hot springs, and diamonds. But to those in the agricultural field, Arkansas is known for producing a variety of crops, including wheat and oats. But with such a substantial amount of time needed to harvest and market these products, farmers have found they need a new way to manage them. How? On-farm agricultural steel buildings. This new type of infrastructure has made it more than possible for farmers to market and harvest their crops more efficiently without wasting their time or money. All this while greatly reducing their reliance on commercial grade systems.
Why Proper Grain Storage is so Important for Arkansas Farmers
Wheat and oats, in addition to the other crops grown in Arkansas, have been important to the state of Arkansas since the first European settlers arrived. Before the fall harvests for corn and soybeans begin, it's important that wheat farmers quickly wrap up their spring harvests. In order to properly dry and manage these spring crops, it takes a certain amount of time; time that farmers don't have to spend. But according to Scott Stiles at the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture, growers in Arkansas have increased their on-farm storage by around 70 million bushels, almost 52%, by simply investing in metal farm buildings. But other than just saving their time and money, what else do these agricultural buildings have to offer?
Field to Storage - Agricultural Buildings Are the #1 Choice for Arkansas Farmers
Because of the superior strength and quality offered by steel buildings, a large number of ranchers and farmers are now opting to invest their hard-earned money in steel farm buildings, rather than the traditional wooden ones. In addition to their strength, these buildings also offer the ideal layout and flexible floor plan to fulfill a variety of needs. We've listed several benefits below to help you better understand why these are the best storage options in the metal building industry.
- Superior Durability - Steel farm buildings are popular for being the most durable and strongest building material available in the industry. Not only are they resistant to fire, but they're also resistant to termites, mold, mildew, water damage, and other harmful pests. If durability is the most important factor to you, our agricultural metal buildings are the best option for you.
- Fire Resistant - Due to the protective zinc coating they are dipped in during manufacturing, metal farm buildings are extremely fire resistant. They minimize the potential threat of fires catching, thus reducing the overall risks and potential loss of property. By investing in one of these structures, you could even lower your insurance costs!
- Long Lasting - Throughout history, barns have typically been built with wood materials. And while they have lasted a fairly decent amount of time, the weather in your area hasn't exactly let them last long enough. Our steel agricultural buildings are sure to outlive their wooden counterparts as steel is more weather resistant and won't rot over time. Chemically treated to deter rust and other damages, these are a resilient build.
- Fully Customizable Appearance - IF you're concerned about the aesthetics of your structure, you'll be happy to know there are various features and add-ons you can choose from here at Coast to Coast Carports. With us, you can choose from a large selection of roof styles, colors, foundations, anchors, and many other features to design the perfect storage solution.
- Weather Resistant - Heavy rain, snowfall, hail, high winds, and other weather conditions are no match when it comes to our metal farm buildings. As long as they're well-built, you won't have to worry about replacing or constantly having to repair your unit. You can also rest assured knowing your crops will be safe and secure for years to come.
- Extremely Versatile - No matter if they're personal, residential, agricultural, or commercial, you can rest assured knowing all your needs will be fulfilled with one of our custom farm buildings. These structures are specifically designed and engineered to adapt to your ever-changing needs, providing you with a reliable, long-lasting solution.
Fulfill Your Grain Storage and Management Goals with Agricultural Buildings Today!
If you're looking to improve your management process for wheat, oats, and other crops, feel free to reach out to us today at (866) 681-7846. Here at Coast to Coast Carports, our main goal is to help you take care of all your agricultural needs by supplying you with the perfect steel farm building. If you prefer to start designing your own structure today, check out the 3D Color Planner available on our website.
Get Your Custom Building Quote in Just a few Clicks
Select Your Building Requirements
Your Contact Details
Explore Similar Articles
Whether you're a horse owner for pleasure or business, we understand how important it is that you provide your equine family with the proper amount of protection to keep them safe throughout the year. But without a shelter you can rely on, it can be difficult to keep your horses in good health.
Farming is one of the biggest industries in America, and it is continually evolving with new technologies helping to streamline processes and maximize output. Plus, with the growing demand for food, crops have never been so large, and the work that farmers put in has never been harder. As farming take the next step and pushes forward, farmers are saying goodbye to traditional tools and machines, swapping them for modern options that provide them with the support they need to get the job done right. Part of this evolution includes storage space for crops, machinery, and more – if you are keen to learn more about new-age agricultural buildings, then we have the information you need.
Arkansas is a beautiful region of the US, with expansive mountains, wild streams and forests, and a considerably mild climate. It's an affordable state to reside in, with a diverse economy and a wide range of job opportunities. It's also a significant contributor to the nation's agriculture. So big that it generates roughly $16 billion for the state each year. Arkansas exports rice, cotton, soybeans, poultry, and feed grains, just to name a few.